Sunday 29 March 2015

march favourites

My ice cream decided to grow a fluffy beard :O 
IT'S THE TIME OF THE MONTH AGAIN!

... no not that time of the month... :P

FAVOURITES TIME!!!

To be completely honest, I wasn't going to write this post because I couldn't really think of anything to write about. This month has whizzed past, full of tests, assignments, homework and school ... but I didn't want to break a tradition that had barely started! So let's go :D



1. Hand cream
I have rather dry skin... so this little tube I got for my birthday this year is AMAZING because
a) It smells nice
b) It's moisturising

What more could you ask for :")


2. Pill pen
Random pen I bought for about 50c at a dingy little shop. Not the best of quality of course, but perfect for chucking into a bag for where ever you're going, because I'm ALWAYS finding myself in need for a pen.


3. Knitting!
My mum taught me how to knit when I was 9, and to be completely honest I've always been pretty terrible at it. I remember I would drop stitches ALL THE TIME and every time I attempted to make a scarf (the easiest thing to make, because I wasn't good enough to make anything else), it would end up with so many holes in it that my mum would force me to unravel it all and start again.

Which is why I've been using the exact same ball of wool for... 6 years...

But a while ago I was inspired by this tutorial to make a little bunny, and it kind of worked! :D

Oh, and I also taught Judy how to knit as well yaaaay ^_^

BUNNYYYYYY <3


4. Aqua S soft serve ice cream
This shop is a relatively new one in Sydney, but it sells its signature sea salt ice cream along with new flavours every 2 weeks. This was my second time going, and I had creaming soda x sea salt which equaled DELICIOUSNESS! The sweetness and saltiness balanced evenly into a delectable (and rather large... I couldn't finish it :c ) dessert :D Oh and it offers fairy floss as a topping... so basically it's the most photogenic ice cream ever xD


March Moments

Anything exciting?
FOUR MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL UNTIL THE EASTER HOLIDAYS! It's also the last 4 days of wearing our junior summer uniform (because, yup, us Australians have to wear a uniform to school xD) and I have to admit, going to miss that school dress :")

But on other news, I take German as a subject at school and I've been emailing with a German pen pal which is good fun ^_^ Admittedly, Google Translate has been a great assistant for these emails hehe ...

Music
Credits to original artists of album covers.

Listening to:
Read All About It Pt III - Emeli Sande
This was a favourite of mine for a long time, but recently one of my friend's has been listening to in non-stop, which led me to loving it all over again :)

Rise - Glee Cast
For all you non-Gleeks, this song was written by one of the actors on Glee, Darren Criss! He's AWESOME and even if you don't watch this show, you should still definitely listen to the song :P

Hold Back the River - James Bay
A song that's been stuck in my head for a while now T_T

Shots - Imagine Dragons
Loving their most recent album!


Goal for April:
Organise my life! xD By that, I mean doing all my assignments during the whole holidays, instead of just on the last 2 days.

Loved anything this month? Let me know what they were down in the comments :)

Ciao!
Lena xx



No comments:

Post a Comment